Hello all interested Missioners to Haiti! If you're interested and ready to learn more about the relief work we will be doing in Haiti this Fall, we are gearing up up for our UMVIM Haiti Training Sessions, and this post is for you!
The next mandatory meeting for all interested Missioners will be held on 7/22 at 4:00 pm in the Church Lounge at FUMC and will be an UMVIM Certification Training with Heather Wilson. All those who are considering coming on the trip to Haiti in October must attend.
Please email Allison or Jessica if you want to go to Haiti but are unable to attend the 7/22 Training.
Also - remember to heck your passports now and make sure they are not expired. If you don't have one NOW is the time to apply for one!
Finally, here is a list of our following training sessions in
August, September, and October:
- Fundraising (Sunday, 8/5)
- History and Geography of Haiti (Wednesday, 8/22)
- Cultural Sensitivity & Traveling Abroad (Wednesday, 9/12)
- Mission Work 101: Do's and Don'ts and our Spiritual Calling (Wednesday, 9/19
- Health Preparedness (Sunday, 9/23)
- Optional Fundraising CHECK-IN Meeting (Sunday, 9/30)
- Our Work: Construction 101, VBS teams (Sunday, 10/7)
- Team Building & Spiritual Disciplines (Sunday, 10/14)
We'd like to have some team leadership for these trainings so if you feel called to help lead (or lead yourself) please let Allison or Jessica know. Whether it is leading a session or helping to plan for our Worship/Devotional Times, we need your help!
Please contact Rev. Allison Mark or Missions, Peace & Justice Chair, Jessica Ardo if you are interested and would like to be an official UMVIM Team Member. Let us know if you are also interested in fundraising, working towards a fellowship-grant, or will raise your own funds for the Trip.
Start letting folks know what you're doing and if they are interested, forward this email to them for more information!